By working locally, Proper Oils aims to:
- Maximise the economic & social benefits of its work within the community
- Minimise our environmental impact
- Measure the sustainability benefits
This is achieved by:
1) Producing 100% of bio-fuel from waste vegetable oil which:
- Maximises the carbon savings
- Reduces other emissions such as sulphur dioxide, particulates, carbon monoxide, hydrocarbons and PAH’s
- And it reduces the environmental risks from illegal disposal of the Waste Oil
2) Measuring and monitoring Proper Oils’ carbon footprint so it can be reduced.
This is recorded for inspection and audit of:
- Whole operation by Carbon Smart
- Fuel efficiency as part of FORS (Freight Operators Recognition Scheme) Benchmarking.
- Site & operations by Richmond Council’s Go Green Scheme
- Site & operation by Envibe
3) Maximising the benefits of working locally, including:
Procuring goods & services sustainably and locally – verified by the Mayor’s Green Procurement Code
Providing local jobs & training – Proper Oils offers an Apprenticeship scheme, and has a formal training scheme in place.