Proper Oils aims to provide our customers with the highest quality new cooking oil delivery service, and used cooking oil collection & recycling service. The terms and conditions below outline the basis of the service we offer your business
Proper Oils Company Limited – trading as Proper Oils – is a licensed Waste Carrier herein referred to as Proper Oils, which specialises in collecting edible oils & fats, both used vegetable oil & animal fats, collectively referred to as used cooking oil (UCO). All Proper Oils official certification & insurance can be viewed on our website www.properoils.co.uk.
The Waste Oil Producer / Caterer shall hereafter be referred to as the Customer.
The following terms and conditions shall govern all services provided by Proper Oils.
1) Our Duties & Obligations – Proper Oils
As a licensed Waste Carrier and waste management company Proper Oils will provide customer’s with a waste cooking oil collection & recycling service, and a new oil delivery service (where required) to The Customer.
Proper Oils undertakes to provide evidence for The Customer to demonstrate compliance with Duty of Care and Waste Hierarchy obligations as defined by UK Law, for the responsible disposal of their UCO.
- Proper Oils undertakes to provide this service on a regular basis, at times and a frequency, as agreed with the customer. Providing reusable storage containers if required (see No 3 below)
- Deliver New Cooking Oil (NCO) at the price agreed with the customer (where agreed)
- Invoice / pay as agreed with the customer.
- Supply a Waste Transfer Note which will prove the customer is disposing of its UCO responsibly.
- Publish Proper Oils certification. This includes Proper Oils Waste Carrier’s Licence, Environmental Permit, and Insurance Certificate, so they are available for checking & download by customers.
2) Your Duties & Obligations – The Customer
You, the Customer, undertakes to :
- Ensure the UCO is accessible for collection as agreed
- Ensure the used cooking oil can be collected and/or new oil delivered safely whilst Proper Oils is on the customers premises.
- Ensure the oil or fat is not contaminated with food waste, stock, water, or any other foreign bodies. If it is contaminated, Proper Oils reserves the right to charge customers for collection & disposal.
- If contacted by Proper Oils prior to collection, to give an accurate estimation of the volume of oil available to be collected.
- Sign the Controlled Waste Transfer Notes guaranteeing that the details relating to the waste and information on the Controlled Waste Transfer Note are true, accurate and complete, and acknowledges that Proper Oils relies upon these details in providing its equipment and services.
- Proper Oils reserves the right to refuse to collect, deal or handle the waste if it does not conform to the requirements as specified, and/or as described on the Waste Transfer Note, or if it is unsafe or illegal to do so.
- Where Proper Oils is required to transport cooking oil through the premises, then Proper Oils shall not be liable for any damage caused by the operation.
3) Cooking Oil Containers
Proper Oils offers various sized storage bins and barrels for the storage of used cooking oil. These containers remain the property of Proper Oils. If they are lost or damaged, Proper Oils will charge for replacement.
4) Payments and Charges
Prices are agreed on an individual basis. They are dependent on the quantity & frequency of new cooking oil deliver’s, and the quality and quantity of waste oil collected collected.
Proper Oils reserves the right to change its oil prices, issue a charge, or withhold service / payment if the regular quantities of used oil available and / or the order volumes for new oil varies from the quantities agreed with The Customer.
Unless agreed in writing prior to collection then Proper Oils analysis will be binding in any estimation of collected volumes.
- Failed Collection Charge – £50 per collection
- Disposal of food waste / stock / water – 30 pence per litre or per litre deduction from any used oil credit value.
- Other Contamination e.g. engine oil – price dependent on disposal costs incurred by Proper Oils
- £80 for wheelie bin
- £30 per barrel
Proper Oils reserves the right to cover our costs of delivery or collection if:
- Your waste oil is not available for collection
- Volume is significantly less than agreed
- Delivery or collection is refused
- UCO is contaminated with foreign bodies e.g. food waste or water
All sums due are payable within 30 days of the date of invoice.
If the client fails to make any payment that is due, Proper Oils reserves the right to suspend the provision of any service.
Should payment be made after 30 days has elapsed interest will be charged. This is calculated on a daily basis, at 8% interest over Bank of England base rate.
If the customer requires service outside agreed scheduled dates Proper Oils will endeavour to assist with any requests, however this may be subject to a delivery or collection fee.
5) Cancellation & Amendments
The cooking oil delivery, collection and recycling service is an ongoing arrangement. If either party wish to amend or cancel the service we would expect to give / be given 4 weeks notice in writing.
Termination of this contract shall be made by either party without prejudice to any rights or liabilities that may have accrued up to the termination date.
6) Controlled Waste Transfer Note (CWTN) & Waste Hierarchy
Proper Oils will produce a Controlled Waste Transfer Note (CWTN) either for each collection or to cover all collections in a service period. CWTNs should be signed by The Customer representative and should be retained on record for a minimum of 2 years.
Proper Oils will ensure that it follows the waste hierarchy in accordance with The Waste (England and Wales) Regulations 2011. Proper Oils endeavours to recycle & recover 100% of products collected, including both Used Cooking Oil & its packaging, and any waste residues. Proper Oils is a zero to landfill company.
In order for Proper Oils to collect The Customer’s used cooking oil we must be able to prove that you want us to collect your UCO, and that it is waste cooking oil. To do this, you must sign an ISCC declaration form each year – Proper Oils will supply the correct form.