The Department for Transport has released the latest biofuels statistics.
These reports detail the supply of renewable fuels under the Renewable Transport Fuel Obligation, in the UK during the last 2 years.
Biofuel statistics 2014-2015:
- 940 million litres of renewable fuel have been supplied, which is 3.65% of total road and non-road mobile machinery fuel.
- 553 million litres (59%) of this renewable fuel has so far been demonstrated to meet the sustainability requirements.
C&S characteristics of the biofuels to which RTFCs have been issued:
- The most widely reported source for biodiesel (by feedstock and country of origin) was used cooking oil from the UK (52 million litres, 9% of total fuel, 19% of biodiesel).
- The most widely reported source for bioethanol (by feedstock and country of origin) was corn from the Ukraine (62 million litres, 11% of total fuel, 22% of bioethanol).
- 46% of fuel was made from a waste/non-agricultural residue (double counting) feedstock.
- 25% of the fuel was sourced from UK feedstocks.
Full details are available on the Department’s website